A ship is an instance of an Urbit computer that is a peer on the Arvo network.
A ship can be one of five classes:
- comets, disposable identities.
- moons, connected devices subordinated to a ship.
- planets, individual users.
- stars, network infrastructure nodes.
- galaxy, also network infrastructure nodes.
To be able to use the Arvo network, planets, stars, and galaxies must be combined with an Azimuth-based Urbit identity in the form of a keyfile.
- Install instructions: Guide to installing Urbit, which includes instructions on booting with your Urbit identity.
- Ship Troubleshooting: General instructions on getting your ship to work, which includes network connectivity issues.
- Urbit ID Overview
- Pier: The directory containing a ship's state.